Hi frannnnsss! Recently, my blog has started to gain some traction! I’m gaining new followers on WordPress and Facebook on the daily lately (and while it is awesome), I have to admit, I have no idea what changed.
Like most of my technological exploits, unless the answer is to turn it off and then turn it back on, it’s likely I have no idea what is going on or how to fix it. I can confidently say… I have no idea what is going on. That being said, I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE! Happy days! Sunny days! Sunny Daze, if you will!
I thought I would take a minute, via a blog post, to introduce myself to anyone who is new here… or just wants to know me more. As with most things, I will probably not conform with your general introduction expectations. I don’t conform often – you should get used to that.
But to start, I’m Ashley. I’m a 20-something, dog-mom, lady lawyer. I am a daughter, a sister and a fiancée. (I will forever say finance instead of fiancée – I just can’t unsee it).
I’m deeply terrified of butterflies.
I am convinced that I am going to die in a car fire. Hopefully, not soon.
- It’s kind of a long story really, but just know.. I have seen an INORDINATE amount of car fires in my lifetime.
- I’m stressed enough about it that I bought everyone I love a car fire extinguisher for their own vehicle for Christmas. 😅
I have a lot of unpopular opinions:
- Bacon. What is all the rage? I don’t get it. Sure, it makes a lovely club sandwich! It’s not bad wrapped around vegetables. But am I going to eat it plain? Absolutely. Not.
- Bacon jerky? Completely different story. Same with bacon bits. 🤷🏻♀️. I don’t know, I have some weird complex about warm, whole-piece bacon, I guess.
- Condiments? Again – wtf! Ketchup 🤢, mustard 🤢, ranch 🥴, barbecue sauce 🤮 (I know, bad Kansan), Buffalo sauce? No thank you. Marinara for cheese sticks? WHY ARE YOU RUINING FRIED CHEESE?
- I can’t watch made up shows like Criminal Minds when I am trying to fall asleep, but I find the true stories depicted on Forensic Files to be adequately soothing for sleep. 😐
- I think lunch is the most important meal of the day.. but I’m not willing to fight over it.
- I don’t think I could identify a single sports car in a parking lot if my life depended on it.
I really use words like “neato Cheeto” and “snazzy” and “delightful” in my day-to-day conversations.
I find selfies so odd. I mean, I’ve done them.. I’m guilty. But isn’t it odd to take a picture of your face and assume everyone else wants to see your face too?
I was kicked out of Girl Scouts as a child… couldn’t stop fighting people. 🤣 No, I’m kidding. We were on the horseback riding unit, and I was a real horseback rider, and our troop leader kept calling all the equipment by the wrong names. Obviously, I was not going to let that slide. MY PEERS NEEDED EDUCATED. I was asked to leave.
My dreams of being a doctor ended with a frog. My dreams of being a animal lawyer ended with a lobster. And so now, I read contracts – and oddly, I kind of like it.
There is absolutely 0% chance you will ever hear me utter the words: “wow, I wish we could climb that mountain.. for fun”
I can’t remember the last time I watched a movie. Like a full-blown movie.
Actually, I can’t remember the last time I went to a movie theater, either.
- Funny story: one of the first times that I was allowed to go to the movie theater with my friends (I was literally probably 17 (or an adult) because my parents helicoptered… I mean, watched us closely), I accidentally let someone in the side door of the theater. I recognized him, and without thinking, I just opened the side door and he walked in… and then snuck into a theater.. without paying. I was so distraught that I had allowed this behavior to happen that I told the security guard on myself and called my dad on myself🥴 even the security guard was like.. it’s really okay.
BUT ALAS, my compass of right and wrong was especially sensitive back then and I absolutely needed to go to my room and think about my careless actions and bad behavior!
Now, my moral compass is still pretty strong, but I agree, there can be some gray areas. I don’t think that there any gray spots in how you treat others, or your family, or the type of employee and friend you are.
…But I do think that bringing home (ie taking) a little ramekin from a restaurant with “Yum-Yum” sauce may be necessary if you have no other options. They should work on that.
Math is hard, numbers give me anxiety, and my OCD has me obsessed with dates. But weird/morbid dates. Like I can tell you the date and time my horse stopped breathing. Or I can tell you the day that I walked out of my last pre-med lab class with the dumb frog.
Day to day, it’s not so clear. For instance, I have thought for the last three days it has been Wednesday. I believe we are finally here. It is Wednesday, right?
Once, I was in a spelling bee. My parents came to watch. My dad took time off work! I stumbled over the first letter, laughed, said “can I restart” all in violation of the rules and was promptly disqualified. It’s not my proudest moment, but it is a moment.
I used to not eat beef because cows were too closely related to horses in my mind.
So yeah, that’s me. I think that sums it up pretty well. 🤣. Tell me some need-to-know, strange fact about you and then we will be well on our way to best friendship on the interwebs.
There are sunny daze ahead, sweet friends! I just know it!